Ice Watch | Can This Watch Change My Mind About Watches



I'm not really a watch person, don't get me wrong I've had watches and I have watches. There was a time - excuse the pun, when I wouldn't leave the house without one. I guess also I was in a job I loathed, and would check it nonstop as I couldn't wait for my shift to finish. After a while my watches went from being practical, to reminding me how much time I had to spend there. So after I left that job, I stopped wearing them. But really it wasn't the watches fault, watches are very practical still. Because lets face it,  who whats to dig through their bag however many times to find out what time it is. 

My other half is a watch addict, he has a full box and whenever a birthday or Christmas rolls around he will ask if I want a watch. If you have seen confessions of a shopaholic, his basically the guy in the therapy group who says 'you should buy a watch to go with that'. But I've always been on the fence about it, I've had a fair few but they have lost time - Which makes them just a chunky bracelet. Or the design was okay, but not something I really loved. 




Cactus vase: Asda, Ice Glam Watch: Ice Watch*

When ice watch contacted me I thought don't prejudge, have a look on their site and see if these watches would even be your style Laura. For those that are new here, I'm a rainbow obsessed brighter the better kinda gal. What I was excepting was a site full of the neutrals, and more classic looks. Instead I found myself not only having a world of colour to pick from, but details like rose gold - Yes I'm a blogger, yes I like rose gold shocker I know. But honestly the choice is really strong, price points are not bad either and delivery was quick. Also how frickin cute is the box it comes in, it's like a princess watch. It's great for if you have no watch storage, to make sure it doesn't get damaged when your not wearing it. 

I decided to go for the raspberry colour, in a medium size. I'm not sure why I picked this colour, I just really liked it and thought it would go with more of more clothing. As I do like my pinks, and pink is a easy colour to clash or match with. I wear glasses and I'm always dyslexic, so the bigger and clearer the better and the medium is a a great size.  It's not too big, as I'm not really into chunky pieces as I have a small wrist. Being dyslexic I  have struggled in the past, to look and know what time it is quickly. I like that the face has a simple design,  and the hands are a good size.

The strap in made of silicone, and is really comfortable watches I've had before have dug into my wrist and become really uncomfortable over time. Apart from getting a little sweaty-  it's 25 degrees sunny in London who isn't sweating. You could easily forget you have it on. I like that it's quite also, it features a minute hand which is great as if you need to time something in comes in handy. 


But the thing I love thee most, is that this baby can go 10 ATM into water. I'm a mum of two young boys, who knock things over a lot. I have had many a watch destroyed, because they were playing and knocked it in the bath off the side. Or they wanted to clean it for me .. Which while sweet, is one way to destroy a not very waterproof watch. So I'm happy this will be able to cope. I have tiny wrists and have sometimes found watch straps to loose, but it does have a long strap for adjusting and it fits so well. 

Over all I'm actual in love with this watch, and I was so ready to just say no thanks. I no longer feel the dread of checking the time, now it's checking what time I have to pick up the kids. How much time I have left to finish my makeup, Check I'm on time to meet friends and how much time I have to just be. 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x