Latest In Beauty | March Mother & Daughters Box


March has been pretty stressful so far, a month filled with headache upon headache. It has finally settled well ish, as ironically this is the third time I've written this post as both my previous attempts failed to save. So if this goes live I'm going to take that as a win. 

As we all know stress doesn't leave much time for pampering, let alone self care. So I was so happy to see and try out this months Latest in beauty box- Mothers day box. As you may know I'm a mum of two boys, as a mum it's easy to forget your an actual human being. You are more then wrapper collector, laundry doer and decoder of 'I want something'. I was not disappointed at all, I actual didn't know where to begin. For £25 quid I had a box full of great self care products, bath oil, nail polish etc.. so I had a two day pamper session, where I would have relaxing baths and try them all out. They have a bunch of different boxes, and you can even make up your own which is great for if your giving it to someone. Building a box that's suited to you, or to the person your giving it to. 



The Body Shop| Camomile cleansing butter & muslin cloth


I've actual used this butter a bunch of times, and it is so perfect for my dry skin. Winter seems to be never ending, and my face is welcoming any moisture to it. It doesn't have a strong scent which I like. I've had a lot of solid cleanses that have worked but the smell has been too strong but they do work, and I do recommend them for removing tough eye makeup. As they are are super gentle, and get every bit.

I run my cloth under hot warm -not too hot, your don't want to burn your face. Then massage the cleanser into my skin, being careful around my eye area. Then use the cleanse to start removing it gentle, the heat with help melt the butter and leave your skin feeling baby soft. The camomile's a great anti inflammatory, and perfect for sensitive skin. I would recommend this to anyone who's struggling with dry and flaky skin. 

I never had their cloth with it before, and it does make a difference. I was using another cloth, that wasn't as soft. I like that it's reusable, so your not having to go through a bunch of cotton pads. 

The cloth costs £2.50, and you get a full size tub of the butter which retails at £10.00 for 90ml if your buying it in store. Also the camomile comes from Norfolk, so I'm glad it supports trade in the U.K. 





Perfectil | Skin, hair and nail vitamin care

Another full size product, again I used this in the past when I was really poorly just to give my system a boost. While not instant, it did make a difference for me. I would say this may not be suitable for everyone, so check all the ingredients. I was given a Zinc cream when I was young for my acne, it was very strong on my skin and while it did work it left my skin dry. I prefer a vitamin as it works inwards, and not just on the surface. 

It's easy I use to take them once I'd had my breakfast, and it was nice to know that even if I wasn't getting my five a day this would help give me a little boost. As I've been so stressed lately I'm looking forward to starting these again, you get 60 tablets but need to make sure you take them every day for the full effect. It's not ground breaking, you won't wake up be rich and famous but it will give you a boost to feel better within your skin. 

Perfectil retails at £14.95 on their website, prices may vary at other retail stores so again this is another big plus for this box. 

Sally Hansen | Color Therapy 200 power room nail polish 

As you know from my things I'm ditching in 2018 post, I am no longer buying nail polish so it was exciting to get a really cute polish in this box. Sally Hansen is always raved about, and I can see why I swatched this nail colour and it's a pearly pink very hard to photograph sadly. But if you like pale pearl polish it's one for you. 

The brush is amazing and makes applying the polish easy, rather then needing to go back to the bottle repeatedly. two coats were enough to get a full coverage and some. It may not be a colour for everyone, but I like it it's nice for days I just want my nails to look pretty without wearing a colour pop. It also has organ oil in, so hopeful that would nourish your nail also. This polish also dried daily quickly, and with zero bubbles. 

This is a full size bottle and retails at £8.99 and is part of the current collection. 



Dr Organic | Snail Gel Hand & Nail Elixir 

I had a face cream from dr Organic, in the past and I'll be honest I didn't like it. But you can't judge a whole range on one product, so I gave this a chance and I'm glad. The formula comes in a pump bottle, and I have to say is a bit runny. 

I know the whole snail thing can be off putting, but I wanted to give it a chance. It has lemongrass which makes it smell kinda like a refreshers bar, which I love. It left my hands feeling really soft, and I was actual surprised at how much I liked it. 

For the 50ml this retails at £16.49, which I've got to say is pretty pricey so it's great that you get this in the box. 

SenSpa | Relaxing Bath & Body Oil 

I had never used this brand before, well not that I can remember and oh my. I absolutely love this bath oil, I've been struggling with my sleep due to stress, but as this has lavender in it left me feeling ready for bed. It also has patchouli and geranium, which I love the smell of, soothing and 100% natural it left my skin feeling soothed as this weather is killing my skin. 

Again you get a full sized bottle, and this retails at £ 7.95. 


Palmer's | Exfoliating facial scrub 

I've used Palmer's before, mainly their cream on belly when I was pregnant which helped massively reduce by stretch marks. While I like a face scrub I do have to be careful with my skin, as it gets really sensitive in colder months. I like that this is free from paragons, phthalates and dyes that are in a lot of skincare, and literally dry your skin completely out. 

I really love the smell of coco butter and this also has evening primrose, which is great for leaving your skin soft. The walnut shell isn't too harsh, so over all I was really happy with this scrub, I wouldn't use it a lot. But it's great to give my skin a refresh, when it's feeling clogged and a bit dull. You get a full size tube, so this will last ages. 

This retails at around £5.99, and you get a 150g so I think that's really worth it. 



The Abnormal Beauty Company| Grow Gorgeous 11-1 Cleansing hair conditional

I'm not massive on hair stuff much these days. I've been heat free for just over a year, and tend to leave my hair, as much as I can. I do however dye my grey, so it tends to feel a bit dry and always has a bit of frizz to it. To be honest I wasn't really sure what this was at first, as it's easy to assume that your shampoo gets rid of everything. It smells okay, and I like that it doesn't have a heavy scent as my scalp is sensitive. Basically it helps restore your scalp, as if your scalp is not in good condition it can effect your hair. Mine at it's worst will crack and bleed, so I though maybe this could help.

I had to use this half the tube, not gonna lie as I clearly have a fat head. It did leave my scalp felling clean, and didn't upset it. my hair has been a lot last frizz the last day or so, and I've even had a bit more curl. You don't have to use a shampoo or conditioner with it, which I'm all for as it's a two in one. I think this is best for dry hair, I'm not sure it would do much for oily hair you would have to try it for yourself. Overly my hair has felt pretty good, I'm not sure I would go out and buy this, as I'm a lazy shopper but it's been nice to try and it did make a big difference to my hair so maybe if my hair needs some love I would. 

It retails at £18.00 for 190ml, in this box you get 50ml. It's pricey, but it is worth the money if your looking for something more high end. 



Basic Beauty Tools | Foundation Blender

I've still not mastered the beauty blender, I always feel like my makeup never looks right. But I'm looking forward to trying this one, it's pretty much like others but does feel a lot more spongy then my primark one. So maybe it will do a better job at covering up my blemishes and making my foundation look more even. I'm such a girl, but I love the fact it's pink. Of course this is another full size product, so you are getting your moneys worth with this box.

It retails at £4.95, which I'd say is pretty standard for a blender. 

Paula's Choice | Skin Perfecting 2% BHA - salicylic acid Liquid

I've never heard of this brand, and wasn't really sure what to except. But the bottle gives clear information and about what it does and whats in it. It's suppose to give you clear radiant even-toned skin and you know what it actual bloody works. 

It's a clear solution that you apply once you have taken your makeup off. You wipe it over your skin and leave it on. On the first use, my skin looked at less red and my skin felt fresh and clean. I've been using every day since and I think I have about two uses left, it's brilliant and I would purchase this again. It also helps enlarged pores and unclogs them. also it's fragrance free and not tested on animals. it has green tea in it, and I think it really helps reduce the redness. 

This retails at around £26 for a full size bottle at 118ml, it's a bit more high end but I got on really well this product and it did make a difference to my skin. 

58 Lifestyle | balancing room spray 

With a house full of cats and boys, I'm forever looking for ways to make the house smell better. To be honest everyone likes a place that smells fresh and inviting, and I think this was one of my favourite products in this box. Sadly it's not labelled with whats in it, but you can find the full list on the Latest In beauty site. this room mist has Jasmine in it and like the bath oil it also has geranium both of which I love. The smell settles, and while it's not as long lasting as I would like, it's nice to just refresh as I like to be careful what I use around the kids and the cats. 

It's amazing how a nice smell can effect your mood, I always feel in a better mood when I can smell something pleasant. You get 5ml, bottle and it's easy to spray I like to spray a little on my curtains and open the window so the smell drifts in with the breeze. Again maybe not for everyone but I love it. Could also be nice to take out, as not all public toilets are the one as we all know. I will be checking out their site and the rest of their range, as I really loved this product. 

This retails at £23.00 for 100ml which could be seen as pricey, but you only need a little for it to refresh the room and it's all natural so not harmful. A good idea for if your not a candle person, or if you have health issues as a lot of room refreshers have a lot of chemicals in. 



Sanctuary Spa | Salt Scrub

I do like Sanctuary products, but I'm not a massive lover of the smell anymore. I think I used so much of their stuff,  during my pregnancy days I seem to associate with a time of being sick and uncomfortable. However their products are pretty great, and I can't knock this salt scrub. Not suitable for everyone, as it can be a little hard going. But I found this perfect to use on my feet, they have been in a bit of a neglected state as they are either in trainers or boots lately. But the salt and oils have helped to really soften my skin, get rid of dead and flaky bits and make me feel more human again. 

You can use this on your body, I used it on my back as I get a lot of breakouts and salt was great for getting deeper into my pores and the almond oils and jojoba really moisturised it. I had enough in this sachet for both my feet and back, so was really impressed. 

This is a 60g sachet, and a 650g jar retails at £13.00 so this was a great size to try it out and see if you like it. 



Philosophy | Amazing Grace bath and shower gel and sample fragrance 

Last but not least is the Grace bath and shower gel and the sample fragrance of Grace the perfume. I really liked both, they have the same smell of course as they are part of the same range. The smell is very floral and girly, but not in a sugary way. I'm not sure this would be one for everyone, but it was nice to try out. It's a nice smell for spring, but I prefer more woody smells so probably wouldn't purchase this. 

The range starts from £16 to £35 quid, I'm sure it's very me but like I said it was nice to try a more girly scent for a change. 


Overly all you get your moneys worth with this mothers day box*, I think Latest in beauty did a great job putting this together and I was really impressed by the mix of products and the quality also. So I hope you enjoyed this post, and check out their boxes I think they are great for any beauty lover and i like that you can mix it up and also build your own. I really enjoyed trying all these products and it's been nice to finally pamper myself and relax. Have you tried their boxes before, what did you think I would love to know.

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x