Five Things | I'm Doing This April


The countdown is finally over, and the boys are filling the house with laughter, moaning, dirty socks and wrappers. We have some things planned, but I think we are all looking forward to being still and in one place. They are happy not to have to do work every day, I'm happy not to have to wrench them and myself out of bed for the school run. We have put up some bunny decorations, and the boys are looking forward to their egg hunt on Monday. So I thought about things I really need to happen this Easter, and thought I would share them. 


Making Time To pamper Myself 

One thing, that tends to go out the window when I’m stressed is my pampering. My hair just hangs from my head, and I tend to stick a hat on living that glamours life right. So this Easter I’m making sure that instead of a quick shower, or wash I’m making time for a creamy bubble bath at least. I’m going to do the same for the boys, I think they need time to relax too plus play time in the bath is a great way to wear them out before bed if you have been stuck in. 

So I’m making sure the bathroom is full of fun bath products, we have some Lush goodies which I'm so excited to try. As usually I stick to my favourites. I'm most excited for Bunch of carrots, they are such pretty colours and smell absolutely epic! They are a bubble bar, so you run them under the tap and they fill your bath with creamy bubbles. They have Sicilian lemon oil, which is uplifting and as I'm going to be running around after the kids I'm gonna that. We also have the Golden egg, as the boys said they wanted something sparkly and it's possible thee most glittery thing I've ever seen in my life. And how adorable are the free rangers, I love that this spilts in two. Of course this smells divine, it has blackcurrant absolute and it got the boys approval. I think making bath time more the main event, then just doing it to get clean will hopeful leave me more refreshed and clam. I also have some skincare, so that I go to bed or wake up feeling fresh and ready. 


Bunch of carrots bubble bars, golden egg bath ballistic , Here comes the sun shower cream, cream egg bath ballistic and free rangers ballistic *


Have A Spring Clean (but like actual do it)

I think everyone is probably getting their clean on, the clocks changed and we gained more light and all of a sudden you notice all the crap everywhere. I've been slowly trying to declutter, but I think over the next few days even for an hour I'm going to be tougher on getting rid of things. Sell, donate or bin all the stuff just needs to go. I feel like I want different things be some new clothing, homeware but how can I do that when there are all these things piling up everywhere. 

So I'm going to go room by room, and sort through it all. Even the kids have clothing that doesn't fit, toys that they have long grow out of and I feel like if I can tackle it now before the six weeks holidays we will all be able to breathe again. I've watched a bunch of You Tube videos, which has helped me with ways to sort and motive yourself. At the same time I need to remember to actual do it. 


Making Easter cakes

Logan asked if we could make some cupcakes. I do like a bit of baking, I prefer the decorating part. If your not big on baking, why not buy plain fairy cakes so you can decorate them how you want. I think it's a great way to past some time, and fingers crossed get something tasty to eat at the end of it. I picked up some box cake, to make it easy for them to follow. We have some white fondant, so I'm going to show them how to make a little bunny topper. The last bunch of cakes we made were at Christmas time, we also made biscuits so we are long overdue on doing some baking. 



Crochetterie by Molla Mills is a great crochet book for if your looking for something more alternative.

Getting back into crafting 

I've had such low energy lately, that all my craft projects aren't really going anywhere. Progress has been slow, and I've been losing focus to the point i question why I've started at all. It's felt like a chore, because I'm not giving myself enough time. It's easy to get into having a deadline for wanting to finish, while some projects need that enough time. I think regards my projects, I just need to organise them. From what will take the least amount of time, and what ones I can chip away at.

I feel like the boys are crafting less and less too. I think it's been an odd couple of weeks, the weather has been all over the shop. And while we have been out here and there, I will say I have been guilty of handing them their gadgets and grasping at any free moment. But I do miss making things, and seeing them create as they both have a big imagination. 

Thankfully you don't even have to brainstorm much any more,  there are a million craft ideas on Pinterest. But one of my favourite things to craft with are paper plates, you can cut out bunnies or make them into eggs. They don't cost much, you can also recycle them once you have made new things if you like. Kids can colour them, stamp them or stick stripes of coloured card or even colourful chocolate wrapping. But any crafts are just a good way of doing something together, especially on a rainy day. They are perfect to stop them becoming glued to their gadgets, and also mean I'm giving the kids my time while we do something fun . Also if you loath mess, colouring paper plates with colour pens are a great alternative to paints. 

Gadget free time 

This also include Baz and I, as well as our little darlings. Some times it’s easy to think your spending time together, when in reality your all casual checking a phone or iPad and not really focusing on what’s being said. I know this drives me nuts, when I think the kids aren’t listening. So I’m sure they feel the same when I have a phone in my face. While certain things need to be checked and done, I really want to make sure I'm getting a break from internet surfing. Before you know it half the day is gone. I've decided I'll crochet, maybe paint, go for a walk or just enjoy the moment. 


I hope you all have a great Easter if you celebrate, and i'd love to hear what your up too and if you have any plans. 

1 comment

  1. I'm the same, when I'm stressed I'm a mess because it's like I just all of a sudden stop giving a shit what everyone thinks of me!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x