Makeup Revolution Bleeding Heart Baked Highlighter Review


As you may know, I'm a massive fan of Makeup Revolutions baked highlighters. Sadly my Goddess of love highlighter is dying, but she's given my face life on days I've looked like an extra for the walking dead. It's great on my dry skin, it's buildable and more importantly it's affordable. Also the packaging is just everything, I never get tried of picking up my heart shaped box. They have a wide selection of tones, to make anyones cheekbones pop. So tell your friends to grab their shades because there is a nice heart in town.

While I love Godless of love, that doesn't automatically mean Bleeding heart would be a fave. This highlighter has a pink tone, which for my pale skin I wasn't sure would work. I love the gold running through but again was unsure if on the skin it would pick up and look as good. I've been using a cool toned highlighter for so long, I think it's easy to get use to the same product and so after a while you don't even notice it. I'm not massive of having highlight that reflects the sun, but it's nice to have that option.






The packaging is the same, so of course I was already smitten with Bleeding heart*. I like that it's recyclable, as it's always sad having to bin a bunch of packaging it would be great if more makeup packaging developed this more. Also they don't test on animals. 

Bleeding Heart did not disappoint, I took my brush to glide it across the back of my hand first. My breath was taken away, so I applied more to see just how far you could go. The colour pay off is unreal, there was a little fall out but I had just applied three lots. If you are thinking that the photo of my hand is from three applications, you would be mistaken that is literally one! I used a solid brush as photographing highlighters can be tricky when showing swatches, of course on my cheekbones I use a fan brush but how stunning is this colour. It has a rosy gold tone, and is pretty silky so application is easy. It's buildable, but I will properly use a light sweep. It's just beautiful, and I think will take me into summer nicely. The gold isn't intense, it helps reflect the pink more but there is a shimmer to it. I'd say if your after subtle this may not be for you, but try it first it took me by surprise  There are so many highlighters out there at the moment, but for £5 this baked highlighter is a steal. They do have liquid ones, that have just been added to the range. But I prefer a powder, and this one is triple baked so it has the best of both. Have you tired this yet? I would love to know what you think of it. 


No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x