Building A Budget Friendly Palette | Makeup Obsession London Palette Review



New Year, new you right *goes to check bank balance. Okay maybe not. January seems to be forever and it's left us all a little light in the pocket. But sadly if you love makeup it's a fact we all face that around this time is the dreaded day. Yes the one where is expires, and you start to question how long you can keep it before you end up with a krusty eye. You purchased it in 2017 before everything went to hell, and you know what it got you through some tough times. Now it's time to say goodbye, I know it hurts trust me we have all been there but that not so winged liner and chalky won't even leave the pan shadow is not worth a visit to the doctors. Thank it for the great times, and get rid.

I seem to have run out of everything just after Christmas, so knew I was going to have to invest in some new products. I'd seen Makeup obsession London over on Instagram, and after seeing their customers wearing some gorgeous looks I thought I would check it out. I was really shocked to find you could purchase a pan for £2. But is the range worth buying, or are you better saving your money. 





I think they are well worth the money, while they are not outrageously pigmented I prefer a buildable colour. As too much can be such a nightmare to blend out. I found these blended well and they have a great range of eye shadows, so there is a lot of choice to play with. Matts weren't chalky, and the shimmer shades looked subtle. In my swatches I only used a little, rather then layering it up till it was at max so you have a better idea of pigmentation on a first application. I really love the blushers, I tend to swipe on as little as possible as I'm so fair and maturer now. But again they are pigmented and if you need a heavy blush you can build it. 

While eyeshadows* are £2 per pan, blusher*, bronzer and highlighters are £3 which is still great value. The palettes are priced at £4- £6 for the medium, which has 6 slots. The large as I have is priced at £5 -£8 depending which colour you get. The large has 12 slots, so perfect if you prefer to have all your products together. The pans fit exactly into the palette, so I wouldn't buy this thinking you could use it for another brand. I love that the pans fit securely and the palette snaps shut but isn't too nail being to open. I think if your looking for some new makeup to kick off the year, the fact you can get a full palette mix and match for under £20 is well worth the money. I haven't played around with looks for ages, because I've became stuck in a rut but I'm excited to master my blend more and try something new. Have you tried this collection, I would love to hear your thoughts. 

1 comment

  1. Those colours look super and look gorgeous on you. I could do with some new eye shadows :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x