Five Things | To Watch On Netflix



I use to be the life and soul of the party, now I would much rather be snuggled up with a tea and binge watch a show. To some that maybe sad, but I look forward to having that time and as someone who has seen A LOT of shows/movies I'm always looking for something new. There has been so many shows to watch on Netflix lately, I haven't know where to start which almost never happens. 


Baz and I try and watch shows together, but like all couples we often sneak watch episodes as some are just too good to have too wait for. Gone are the days of waiting, it's all there so of course it doesn't matter that you have only had three hours sleep! You NEEDED to know how it ended. I picked out some of my favourite for you, as there is nothing worst then wasting an evening trying to find something to watch. Prepare to lose all track of time ...



Ozark

Marty Byard has a seemly average life. By day he is a financial adviser,  by night his a loving father and husband. So how does this normal guy end up in Chicago money-laundering. Ozark is as dark as it's grey and blue colour palette, but it is anything but dull and grey. At first I wasn't sure if I would like this show, but by the end of this season I'm counting the days till the next. Will Marty Byard ever get his life back and how will he protect his family. Is it better to know what's happening or be naive to the crimes happening right under your nose. Ozark questions what anyone would be willing to do, to stay alive when swimming with sharks. 




The Sinner


Where to begin with this little gem, it's not going to be for everyone. But if you like a good thriller, then this draws you in from the start. With a song that will both haunt you, but make it's way on to your playlist if your down for some ' this reminds me of good bye horses' vibes. 

Young mother Cora Tannetti is overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage that leads her to commit a startling act of violence, with no explanation as to why she did it. When Detective Harry Ambrose begins his investigation and grows obsessed with uncovering Cora's hidden motive, the two work together to try to get deep into her psyche to learn about the violent secrets that are hidden in her past. 


Without giving anything away, because I'm not about spoilers - I absolutely could not turn The Sinner off, with each episode I could not shift from the very clear fact that Cora was doomed from the beginning. Her enivoment suffocated her, pushing her on a path of normalising very abnormal behaviour. It's a show that will push and move you back and forth, and you just have to know why. It's strange how pulls you in, just like Harry the need to know is consuming. The eight episodes will leave you haunted. 




Strange Things 

Where have you been, under a rock clearly. If you haven't watch this show you're doing Neflicks all wrong. I know things that tend to get hyped are rubbish, but honestly this is not one of those shows. The great thing about this show is that it's set back in 80s, but has a very fresh vibe still. Everything is on point, from their outfits and the props will give you full on nostalgia. 

I'm a massive, massive movie buff so seeing all the wonderful references through the show  to E.T and The Goonies etc is the dream. So what's it all about! I don't what to give much away, as the way this unfolds is magic. So I'm going to give a very basic outline - a group of friends must come together to find their missing friend. How could he have magical vanished, his mother starts to experience dark forces but even with the help of the police chief will she ever see her son again. It has horror, it has sci-fi, a killer sound track and is such a visual trip. I like most can not wait for season two to air. So if you haven't watched it yet now is the time. 



Godless

This is a western, but it's done well. So many can be truly cringe worthy. Godless sucks you into the 1800, by unfolding just how unforgiving life was back then. The story follows a notorious outlaw named Frank West and his gang track his traitorous partner Rory Goode to an isolated mining town governed mainly by women. Frank is prepared to destroy everything and anyone to find Rory, and from the very first episode you are shown just want his prepared to do.

Okay so there is only one series, but it's still a winner. Parts of this seven part show had me literally screaming at my television, because I become so attached to characters. To do that with so few episodes is pretty powerful stuff. This show is brutal, and as horrific as it is the racism and sexism is there which is important. There is no gloss on either, which is hard to watch and had me wanting to go hunt Frank's gang down myself. What pulls it back is the fact that this makes people fight more, stand up and be counted rather then just giving in. They had already lost too much not to, and weren't going to let anyone take more from them. The writer said he wanted to embrace every single western clique, and I think he nailed it. 



Glow


Growing up watching WWE - as it use to be called, I loved wrestling yes I knew it wasn't real but who doesn't like a bit of the good guy winning over the bad. But thee best thing about it is that there are female wrestlers! Glow is about the very first females wrestlers, and how they would change the future of wrestling. I love this show, it's funny, sassy but also intelligent . These women were taking control, and showing that wrestling wasn't just for men. In a time where we were except to shut up and stick to 'things for women'. I love all the costumes, all the 80s goodness. 




So these are just some of my favourites, but like I said there has been a lot of good shows lately and I feel like I'm elbow deep in season ones. What has been your go to on Netflix? Let me know what I should watch next. 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x