Halloween Weekend | A Walk Around Borough


I'm not sure why I'm not feeling Halloween as much as usual, but having two young boys means making a bit of effort. So come Tuesday I need to have two pairs of bat wings made. Which I will, and we always do a little face painting I think as long as there are sweets they are not to bothered. The weekend was more relaxed, we took the boys out for a meal and went on a walk. Living in London you will always find cool new places, see new builds and cool street art. The boys love to spot changes in the city. 




Red Hat: Primark 
Faux Leather dungarees: Topshop via EBay 
Necklace: Tatty Devine*
Trainers: Converse 


Talking of Halloween, Baz and I had to watch IT. While the kids have obviously not seen it, but seen the trailers etc they flipped when they saw a red balloon tided to a drain in the street. I had to stop them from trying to take it! *facepalm Nice to know that there not scared of Pennywise. The balloon was promoting a local event, which I thought was pretty clever. Back to the film- I absolutely loved it .. it's not like the ordinary at all which is great, as you can appreciate both. I actual laughed a fair bit, as I have a dark sense of humour but the teeth ... they were pretty grim. It's worth a watch, if you want to be creeped out. 

There are a heap of indie business popping up, hairdressers, cafes, clothing which is so great to see. I managed to resist buying pumpkins from the flower stall, as cool as they are too cut out we don't eat them so it seems like a waste of food. I much prefer to buy the kids some spooky cakes, and we paint paper mâché pumpkins. But I love seeing different places crop up, there is a new exhibition at the fashion museum which I may see by myself if I get any time. I also spotted a new charity shop just across from it, but as it was family day I've made a rule not to shop as it's so distracting. Plus I'm trying to wear what I have more... hello new rainbow cardigan, also these dungarees were a steal off Ebay brand new at £10! The weather is pretty mild, but I always look forward to more layers. 

Everything has been so busy lately, that it was nice to slow down and spend some time as a family. I've been stepping back more from all my social channels, and just taking some time.  I think we were all tired, and I think you get to that point were you bark at each other. Baz and I are starting to plan more fun things, and try not to let our stresses impact our family time. I think we are both ready for Christmas to be honest, I think so we can have that time and of course hot chocolate. But this week it's still bats, spiders and skeletons. We have already watched all our favourite Halloween films, if your after some to watch check this list out. What are you up too for Halloween? 




No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x