5 YouTube Channels To Follow This Month| October




There's nothing I like better than to get five minutes peace to myself. As much as I love my two boys, sometimes mummy needs to switch her brain off and take a little time to make a tea, grab some nail polish and settle down to a You Tube session to get some inspiration. Those of you that know me, know I love a bit of everything. I'm always looking to try out a new D.I.Y, beauty look and get some style inspo.  


Also as a complete and utter hoarder, who's still on a journey to declutter her life. I've been trying to find videos that motivate me, without utter judgement which is a lot harder than it sounds. I was really bored of You Tube at one point, as everyone seemed to have the same content and it all got a little 'meh'. I know it's hard to keep it fresh and in a sea of tubers, as a viewer you can lose hours to videos just to try and find some decent channels to follow. The last couple of weeks however I have been watching a heap, and I've had to add a bunch to 'watch later' which almost never happens. I thought maybe you lot had been a little bored too, so decided that these channels were too good not to share. I'm sure many of you already follow them, but if you don't then go and check them out. I will be sharing more of my favourites next month, as like I said there is a bunch and these channels update regular and have amazing content. 



D.I.Y | Hermione Chantal

I absolutely love a D.I.Y, but sometimes ones I've seen just require to much time and energy. It's nice to find projects that you can source items easily, and get something that you will put to use. One channel that I'm forever going back to, or telling friends about is Hermione Chantal I absolute love that she keeps it simple, budget friendly and most of her makes are super stylish. She also has videos on how to upcycled current pieces you have, things she's thrifted and how to transform poundshop and dollar tree items. I love the editing style, and Hermione is always keeping her space fresh, clean but fun and trendy. She's also over on twitter and will always let you know where other pieces in her videos are from. So if you fancy updating your interiors then go subscribe here. 





Beauty| Em Ford- My Pale Skin

As a very pale gal myself, and also a suffer of acne (yes even at 34 I still have it). Em was a breath of fresh air in the never let anyone see you without makeup videos. Instead of just putting out one kind of video, I love that she has a mix. She tries out weird beauty products, which will have you screaming ' not near your eyes' and shows you how easy it is to cover acne and does a mix of looks. The fail videos will have you laughing, and also wanting to send Em a gift basket for the pain she endures on some of them. I love her makeup tutorials for Halloween, as they are simple and easy to follow. As much as I adore a lot of beauty you tubers, sometimes some videos can get overwhelming and your left with an eyelash stuck to your cheek because you couldn't rewind it in time to see the next step. She uses a mix of higher end as well as low-end products and is brutally honest, which when your buying makeup is what you need. She also made the iconic video ' you look disgusting' which is an eye opening account of social media and how others view our  looks. She has a new Regina George makeup look that's actual genius, so go subscribe here. 





Clothing Reviews| Patricia Bright 

The legend that she is, Patricia is possible the funniest You Tuber out there. I absolutely love her review hauls, she buys a bunch of products from stores and has a try on. Sounds basic, but there is nothing basic about Patricia her quick wit and 'the dance' will have you clicking right on her next video when one has ended. She's brutally honest, not afraid to laugh at herself and honestly would make the perfect shopping partner. She try every piece on, and talks about price, quality and her over all experience. I think it's great to see pieces on her, as if your planning on ordering from a company she will give you a low down on if it's worth your time and your money. Her channel actual has a bigger mix of videos, she reviews makeup -she has a Fenty beauty video, were she's glowing  talks about issues that I think a lot of Tubers would skip over and is very open about everything. She's such a warm person, and it's hard not to enjoy her videos. So if you want to know her iconic one liners then 'do it for the culture' and go subscribe to her channel here.  



Style inspiration| Megan Ellaby

I've know Megan for ages now, but that's not why she's on this list. Megan is like a style transformer, and honestly she could take a bin bag and style the absolute life out of it. Of you are fed up of seeing that some style, everyone seems to have developed she is going to be your new go to. I was so, so pleased when she started her own channel as someone who likes kooky fashion I always looks to her channel to see how I can refine it more. Megan can take a basic tee and give you at least 20 different ways to wear it. She also talks openly about her style evolution, and shares tips on key pieces to buy. Megan worked in the fashion industry for years, and knows her stuff. I like that she mainly shops high street and then she will mix the odd designer piece in. So you have just been out and bought some bits, then Megan will have ways to style it. Ways to dress it down, or make it more glam. I love that even her casual outfits, are pieced together so flawlessly. She is also thee most humble, sweetest funniest person you could met. So if you want to learn how to look effortlessly cool, then go subscribe to her channel (also add her Instagram tis dreamy).  






Decluttering | Rachel -Messy Minimalist

Last but not least is Rachel, I stumble across her channel while feeling pretty down about my over flowing hoard. I watched almost every video she posted, it's great to see someone who talks about their feelings and doubts. How they want to self improve and share tips on what they are doing, and whats working and whats not. Unlike a lot of channels where they have a clean space instantly, Rachel shows you her mess and is honest about if she got rid of things or not. I absolute adore her videos, they make me feel more normal and less like some crazy person. I'm OCD and am trying to over ride my hoarder self, I want less stuff everywhere and want to enjoy my space more. Rachel's story is like mine, a long process but she and I am making progress. I had taken a step back, but after watching Rachel I felt super motivated she spoke in terms that as a harder I completely related too. Since watching her videos I've donated six black sacks of stuff and listed a bunch more on EBay. If your having trouble with clearing crap, or just need some inspiration to get deep cleaning she is one to watch. I'm excited to see her progress, so if your place is getting you down go subscribe to her channel here. 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x