Birds Eye Stream Fresh Range


As a busy mum of two, I know all to well the struggle of trying to make healthy meals that are also tasty and don't take up much time. When we think of cooking in the microwave most of the time you think of awful tasteless ready meals, packed with sugars. What's refreshing is to see a brand break this view, and actual make a product that is as fresh as when it was picked. Of course we all know that freezing means keeping all the good bits, but sometimes the cooking process can kill this. So it was a natural step for Birds eye to introduce the Steam method. But they went even further and take their small range to new levels. The Steam fresh now also includes pasta * drools, as well as veg and rice. 

If I had any doubts, Birds eye took me and some other bloggers around their taste lab. The team broke down the key flavoured notes, to provide us with the best possible combination for a taste dish. They said that these can be used more as side dishes. Seeing the many ways they combined different bags into meals,  showed me that I can cut down cooking time without losing the quality of the food. They showed us how quickly the veg is frozen, which was cool and explained that some people are super tasters which means they have more taste buds than others. That's why kids tend to be so picky, it's actual because they have more taste buds.  

The creamy cheese pasta was my favourite, which I have since made for my family. You microwave the whole bag which has 2-3 portions. The veg (peas and broccoli) are also included and I added some goats cheese, salt and basil as I had there and both my boys left clean plates. It's not about not cooking anything, it's about cutting time on those extras and having a healthy meal. I love the new bigger pack idea, as having to microwave a bag at a time when you need two or three can be a pain. They are great on the price front too, as sometimes buying a heap of veggies soon adds up and if they start going off fast it can end up being a waste of money. The great thing with having the bags is they don't take up much room, and I know that we will have veg in every meal. I think it can seem odd using the microwave, but the fact things are being steamed can be far better than boiling. The meal ideas are endless, and it's all about mixing it up and playing around with ideas. Have you tried the stream fresh range? What did you make? 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x