Witch Skincare Blackhead Clearing Gel



My skin is awful to be frank, I always get spots and blackheads and while I have plenty of products to tackle the spots I'm often left to just leaving my blackheads. Like most people who live in a city my skin gets clogged fast, and so I tend to use scrubs and face masks to try and help clear my pores. The down side is while it does work it leaves my skin super dry. So what is a blackhead?

Sebum is designed to lubricate the hair and skin and usually drains out of the pore opening on the surface. Sometimes the sebum becomes blocked and bacteria begin to accumulate. A blackhead forms if the pore opens to the surface allowing air to enter. Blackheads are not dirt: Sebum contains melanin, a pigment. It is the same substance that gives skin its colour. Melanin turns dark (oxidizes) when exposed to air.


Witch Skincare have this new blackhead clearing gel, I've been using it for a few weeks now and I have seen my pores shrink and I now I have fewer around my nose. While it does not rid your skin of them, you will see a dramatic different with regular use. Just start by dotting some on to clean dry skin (I usually use it before bed). Than the magic is to massage it to remove the dead skin cells, which cause the blackhead leaving your pores clean and reduced in size preventing more. I liked that it was easy to fit into my routine, I used it after cleansing my skin and it was great for making sure that any makeup traces were removed. You can smell the witch hazel, but if your not a fan it's only brief so honestly it's worth trying. I did notice my skin tighten and as my skin is dry I had to apply a bit more moisturiser, but as my skin was freshly cleaned it felt great in the morning. Since I've started using it, I've switched to lighter coverage as my skin is not as bad which in turn will also help my skin. Even better is that it's now on offer for just £3.32  from Superdrug so I'm stocking up. While it won't give you perfect skin over night, is will help improve it and it won't break the bank in the process.  

1 comment

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x